Sunday, September 2, 2007

¡Ecuador!

I am in Ecuador! It´s kind of unreal but I´m very excited. After about 27 hours of travel (including 12 hours at the ATL airport) I have safely arrived in Quito. I´m staying with Sonia Herrera and her son and daughter-in-law in the neighborhood of La Floresta, not far from the heart of Gringolandia in New Town Quito. They have a beautiful home filled with artwork and I have my own mini-apartment in the house. I have a bedroom, a small study, and my own personal bathroom complete with hot water shower. Currently I am hanging out with Mark Hand, our fearless leader who has already spent a month working with UBECI in Santa Isabel and San Francisco which look to be our two primary locations once we finish language school at the end of September. The language school, Academia Guayasamin, actually appears to be pretty cool and I am most excited about the included cooking and salsa dancing lessons. I have to go down to the valley now.

1 comment:

abbie said...

so glad you made it safe! see you, um, the day after tomorrow. holy crap.